We congratulate you on the blessed occasion of Eid al-Adha and we ask Allah to reward you and accept all of your acts of worship, ameen.
As we enjoy this precious time with our families, let us not forget that our brothers in prison are part of our family too.
Their mothers are like our mothers, and their children are like ours. Their sorrow causes us grief and we share the same tears.
Please remember to make a special du'a for our Sunni brothers in Iran who are facing execution and make du'a for their families, who will be finding tomorrow especially painful:
- The mothers of Kaveh Vaisi and Mokhtar Rahimi, who are unable to eat or sleep, not knowing whether their beloved sons are still alive.
- The families of Bahram Ahmadi, Asghar Rahimi, Behnam Rahimi, Mohammad Zahir Bahmani, Keyvan Zand Karimi and Hoshiar Mohammadi. This is the first Eid al Adha they will spend without the brothers who were executed in December 2012.
- The family of Shahram Ahmadi. He is at risk of execution, and was removed from Rajai Shahr prison on the 9th of October, 2013. The authorities say he was transferred to Arak prison, Markazi Province. However, his family has been unable to contact him or find out more about his condition. His brother, Bahram Ahmadi, was secretly executed (27/12/2012) and his distraught mother was not informed until 6 months later.
- The four year old daughter of Hamed Ahmadi, who will spend another Eid without seeing her father. She was born just after he was arrested, and they have never been given a chance to meet. Hamed may be executed before he even sees his beloved child.
- The family of Mokhtar Rahimi. He is facing execution, and his family have had no news about his whereabouts since September 25th 2013. Two of his cousins were executed in 2012. His brother and another cousin are also awaiting execution in Rajai Shahr prison, Karaj.
- The families of Behrouz Shah Nazari, Talib Malaki, Kaveh Sharifi, Shahram Ahmadi, and Arash Sharifi who are all facing execution. They were transferred to an unknown location on October 9th 2013. The authorities have since informed the families of which prison their children were moved to. However, the families have still been unable to contact their sons and verify this information.
We have listed just a few of the families, but there are many more who are suffering a similar situation, and we ask that you remember them all in your du'a.
May Allah help our brothers and give their families patience, and may He help all the Muslims who are suffering wherever they may be, ameen.